I should start by saying that I really hate cooking. It’s too hot, you stand for too long, and it is a guarantee that I will burn myself at some point in the process, even when I am just making a sandwich. So you can probably guess my cooking skill level. To put it another way… I had to Google what a roasting pan was. Yet with all that I just had to try this recipe for Honey-Roasted Carrots. I was NOT disappointed. OH MY GOSH they tasted like dessert! So delicious and so easy. Try it out. I promise you wont be disappointed. I found this delicious recipe on MyRecipes.com .
- 2 pounds baby carrots with tops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (I didn’t have bourbon, so I used apple sauce)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or water
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Place a small roasting pan in oven. Preheat oven and pan to 500°.
- Cut tops from carrots, leaving 1 inch of greenery on each carrot.
- Stir together olive oil and 1 Tbsp. butter in preheated pan. Add carrots, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallot; sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat, and stir in bourbon and next 2 ingredients. Return to heat, and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes or until mixture is syrupy.
- Drizzle syrup over carrots; toss to coat. Bake 5 to 7 more minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. Transfer to a serving dish, and sprinkle with thyme.